Bereavement is uncomfortable in any situation and the workplace especially. We had an incredibly moving conversation on the podcast with Zenith Virago, a ‘deathwalker’, marriage celebrant, consultant, educator, speaker, facilitator and author.
Most of us never think of how to deal with bereavement until it actually happens, but half an hour with Zenith is something we could all benefit from. She discussed with us how leaders and teams can cope when the team or a team member is touched by the death of a loved one.
Zenith has over 20 years of experience in the field of holistic health and bereavement. She presents and teaches around the world, and even tells us about a conversation she had with the Dalai Lama!
Listen up for some profound and empowering advice for how to respond when the worst happens...
- What not to say when someone is bereaved
- When actions are better than words
- What to do when someone is crying
- What a team leader needs to do to manage a team with a bereaved team member
- Zenith’s meeting with the Dalai Lama
- How to understand the different stages of bereavement