Promoting and maintaining diversity, equity, and inclusion in a hybrid environment is challenging for leaders, especially during this time of COVID-19. To find ways out of this issue, we have Robin Rosenberg to discuss and share some tips on how to promote and maintain diversity, equity, and inclusion in an organisation.
She is CEO and Founder of Live in Their World, a company built to improve workplace culture. The company immerses individuals in workplace scenarios and teaches them DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) using virtual reality (VR) platforms.
Robin is also a psychologist, author, and mentor. She has combined her interest in immersive technologies with her coaching and clinical experiences to foster a deep understanding of how and why people might feel slighted or marginalised, and productivity and how to approach such interactions differently depending on the type of person.
Listen to her as she shares the importance of DEI in an organisation, how to promote DEI, best practices to take and receive feedback, counter the bias issues, etc. She also tells us about the phenomenon of the Mere Exposure Effect and how it impacts the workplace.
Tune in now!
- Why is DEI important for the company and the workers?
- What can leaders do to promote DEI in their team?
- How to conduct equity audits, and why is it necessary?
- The behavior that signifies that you’re an inclusive leader
- How should a leader take feedback?
- The best practices of giving and receiving feedback?
- The DEI perspective of giving feedback
- Challenging aspects in having a remote or hybrid workforce
- The psychological phenomenon of Mere Exposure Effect
- What can a remote worker do to promote the Mere Exposure Effect?
- How you can increase engagement and participation in your organisation through VR
- How to counter your bias towards your workers?
- Will remote work remain feasible after the pandemic is over?
- How is the remote environment affecting how we can connect?
- Cohort issues about younger employees and upskilling for respectful conversation
- The importance of soft skills for managers and leaders.
- What can leaders do constantly and consistently to create a difference in the inclusion of workers?
- How to access the White Paper of best practices by Robin on giving and receiving feedback?