In this episode we speak to the inspirational Melanie Weller: a professional voice coach who can tell you exactly what you need to do to project yourself in the best possible way.
Melanie works with voice professionals and non-voice professionals alike. Whoever you are, you’re going to need this advice!
Her clinical specialty is the vagus nerve, so we talk about how important this can be to your overall well being; not just your voice. We also had a fascinating conversation about how our bodies relate to astrology and the spinning of the earth’s axis. Although this sounds a bit out-there, Melanie is great at giving practical advice that we can all act on immediately. This is one not to be missed!
- How to project your voice to sound like a winning leader
- Why the voice is so important
- How your voice relates to the vagus nerve
- How the vagus nerve works, and why it’s important
- How to stimulate the vagus nerve
- Exercises you can do for yourself
- The six major compression points
- The ‘leadership’ compression points
- The triggers you should look out for when feeling stressed
- Where science meets mythology
- How to achieve true ‘vision’
- The importance of strong values
- How you can map the vagus nerve to your business
- The importance of breathing properly
- How your future is actually behind you