On the show this week we hear some great advice from Dave McKeown: the energetic and charismatic founder of Outfield Leadership. Dave explains how to make strategic planning a part of every working day, and what leaders can do to empower their staff to buy into the wider company vision.
Dave really knows what he’s talking about. As a business growth advisor he’s made it his business to help leadership teams set the right goals and inspire their staff to accomplish them. And by the way, he’s also written a great book called “The Self-Evolved Leader - Elevate Your Focus and Develop Your People in a World That Refuses to Slow Down”, which he gives us a sneak preview of during the show. Listen up for some really great leadership tips.
- The importance of establishing a decision-making process
- The dangers of ditch leadership
- How to make strategic planning a live issue on a day-to-day basis
- The importance of alignment
- How to build effective review processes
- How middle management can make more of a difference
- ”The self-evolved leader” explained
- How to prevent the nightmare leader scenario of “all roads lead to me”
- Why quarterly reviews are so important
- The five key leadership disciplines
- The changing trends of leadership