In this episode, we’re chatting to Craig Meinicke, the founder and managing director of Touchpoint One, a Brisbane-based management consultancy business. He has over 20 years’ experience across many different industries and in various utility sectors including water, electricity, transport and resources.
He began his career as a water treatment plant operator and has worked his way up to now delivering key solutions to complex problems to utility companies and SMEs throughout Queensland.
We cover everything from bridging the gap between a great manager and a great leader, and what makes a high-performing team, to creating strong relationships with stakeholders.
But the key takeaway from this interview is how Craig’s five-step method can improve profit, productivity and staff engagement, and reduce stress and frustration.
- Who Craig is - founder of Touchpoint One.
- Bridging the gap between being a great manager and a great leader - the tools you need in your toolkit.
- Key problems most businesses have that Craig has identified.
- Why a lot of businesses have systems and processes that don’t fit their business.
- What investing in the wrong technology could mean for businesses.
- Many business owners are unable to identify a problem because they are too close to the business.
- Being on the right side of the legal argument - Are your business systems truly compliant with legislation?
- Taking the time to develop systems and processes - a lot of businesses don’t see the value in it.
- Mapping out the systems of your business as it grows means you’ll get a better understanding of your business.
- Craig’s Business Health Test - 40 online questions to assess your systems and processes, technology, information and data, your team and your strategy.
- Craig’s D-Livery Method - a five step framework to transform your current management systems: Discover, Diagnose, Design, Develop, Deploy.
- What Craig thinks makes a high-performing team
- How to create strong relationships with stakeholders - listen, feedback, manage expectations, stay neutral and keep people informed
- A helpful read: ‘Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone’ by Mark Goulston
- Where the name for Craig’s business came from - he found himself in the touchpoints between businesses, between different groups and businesses, between businesses and legislators, etc.
- Craig’s gift to you - his Business Management Blueprint template
- How to book meetings with Craig
“A high-performing team comes down to great leaders and values being aligned. They also work better with a flatter organisational structure, too, because they have more input and impact on what’s actually happening.” - Craig Meinicke #PeopleLeaders