The agile work environments of today pose a big challenge… are leaders really leaders anymore? Our esteemed guest, Dr Ben Ritter, has noticed a trend of leaders not feeling like they deserve to be there.
The speed with which leaders can rise to the top, mobile/remote working and the fluidity of organisational structures have all contributed to a totally different kind of leader, so we’re going to find out what it takes to be a top executive in 2021.
Dr Ben is an immensely successful learning development consultant, author, mentor and speaker with 10 years of experience coaching in corporate finance for the likes of Amazon and Google. He’s guided hundreds of professionals in his time, and beyond his professional work, he’s also a very well-read academic with an MBA and MPH on his CV. If ever you wanted someone to tell you about the art of leadership, he’s your man!
- The true meaning of ‘executive presence’
- How to think like an executive
- The importance of seeing current projects in the context of a 3 - 5 year plan
- How good leaders should prepare for meetings
- The difference between ‘a meeting’ and ‘an update’
- When to hold off on giving an instruction
- Why you should always try and ask one more question
- How to manipulate meetings to make sure you show up
- The ‘three cs’ of self leadership
- How to stay aligned with your vision
- How to attain psychological safety in your work